Lindegaard Jewellery

Arni & Line Paras

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Retrospective Six

Ok, now I got really serious. The Piece De Resistance!

a proto type.
The Almost finished piece. It was made from two brass discs hand raised into top and bottom. I don't know how I managed. I remember endless nights of hammering, sore hands, achy head and many of the other students getting tired of me making all that noise! Soldering the two halves together took two large torches and an enourmous amount of flux and solder. My face was red for two days after with the after-glow!
I could not have completed this piece without the patience, enthusiasm and hands-on help of Chris Sherwin. I think it's a great loss to NMIT jewellery that he has left. He's my hero!
The Finished piece!
Photo by Terence Bogue

No comments:

Post a Comment