Lindegaard Jewellery

Arni & Line Paras

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Retrospective Five

2006 was an exciting year for me. It was my final year at NMIT and I really got to play and be creative creating a body of work for the End of year Exhibition.

Below is the necklace called 'DOZEN'. It was made from a dozen eggs, painted black and some decorated with gold leaf. I strung them on black silk thread.

The Work in progress....

Finished piece. Photo by Terence Bogue
This bowl was made from gilding metal and copper, soldered with silver solder for a three colour effect. It was a real challenge making this. I got really good joins, but then when I would try and raise the bowl with my hammer, the seams would come apart. I was so relieved when it was finally finished!


I oxidised the inside for even more effect.
The Symbol was from the front of a vintage transistor radio.






No comments:

Post a Comment